I'd like to say Hello
Charlie B Wrote:Would you tell us some more about your building techniques. Even it they are rather normal ones, the more they are talked about, the more people understand.
Charlie

I am tempted to throw in a "depends" or "what ever it takes", just because it is the case. But lets see...

Allmost all my models are glued together from styrene sheet and styrene strips. Basic pieces were cut manually with a cutter and a steel ruler. Odd shaped pieces and pieces that were needed in quantitiy I cut with my cnc-driven router. Don't bash me, pls. Since the router is very slow and got f***ed up (inaccurate) over the years, I sometimes do send files to a fellow modeler who gets them cut by laser. Occassionally, when I have to admit that I am not able to make a specific piece (odd shaped, threedimensional) within an adequate timeframe/effort, I send the file to a rapidprototyping contractor. Again, don't bash me pls.

I' like to go more into depth with my next car. I'll then post it in the scratchbuilding section. I just need to figure out, what to build next..
Jens

Messages In This Thread