A letter from Don and Mikey
January 18, 2011 will be the last day of my 8th year with the-gauge, January 19th, the first day of my 9th...I'd have to do some digging around the archives to find the date I started as a moderator here. It was ( Shamus ) who invited me to join those ranks.
I spent an afternoon with Don, and met Mikey at the NMRA convention in Philadelphia. Spent a weekend in toronto, with Spitfire ( Val ) and Robin ( Matthyro ), stayed a night in N.J. with Gary ( JGL fan ), and his wife, and operated on his great layout. I also had two good days with Tysonrayles, and ran some N scale on his Nantahala Midland.
Stayed the course, and was one of the early jumpers from "shoeheadville" to "Big Blue town".
Memory fails me now, but I believe it was RockIslandMike who lured me away from Trains dot com, in the first place. Best move I ever made.
Friends, and Family.....yes, that about says it all... Except for; Thanks, friends and family, and Thank You Mike and Don, the rest of the "staff" ( even if you are always emptying the candy machine before I can find my change, and taking the one and only light bulb in the office ), and Thank You all the members who have made this place a true "home".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread