A letter from Don and Mikey
28 Dec 2009, 07:10 ... the day that I joined Big Blue at The-Gauge ... I'm closing in on my first year as one of the incorrigibles who hang around this place on a regular basis.

It was after a couple of PM's back and forth on the Model Railroader Forums re: weathering techniques that our good doctorwayne invited me to come here for a visit. I made the leap while here on the first visit! None of the things that annoyed me about the MR forums were present here. Everyone was friendly, no one had a "You-are-so-stupid-and-what's-more-you can't-build-models-worth-a-crap" attitude ...in fact, I was in awe of how everyone helped those who requested assistance and posted photo tutorials on "how-to" do exactly what they had done!

When I joined this great forum, the 2010 Spring Challenge was in full swing. I immediately learned several modeling tidbits that I have used in my own modeling since then. I watched the collection of varied projects progress ... by the time it was over I was waiting excitedly for the next Challenge to be announced. I was "stoked!"

My enthusiasm has continued unabated ever since. Recently, while emailing photos of some of my modelwork to a friend "up North" (a non-model railroader but a model builder ... he's a "Landscrape Architect" Wink 357 , so models do come out of his office) I included a photo of Gary S.'s "Bridge at Wayside." He was amazed! He joined Big Blue to just be an observer, but so he could see all the photos ... hoping he will be inspired some more and maybe pick up a few pointers. I'll work on him to maybe post a few photos of a landcape proposal model ... that might be fun to see.

I look forward to another great year on Big Blue at The-Gauge! With any luck it will be even better than my first!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread