"End of the Line" at Cimarron, NM - a HOn3 Shelf Switcher
I still don´t understand how I could forget having such a treasure. I still remember ordering it in the US - at the horrendous price of $ 120 plus shipping, duty and VAT. It was close to 500 Deutschmarks, when it finally arrived - a lot of money, which could buy you 3 Marklin locos in those days! A few things must have gotten in the way - like finishing my studies, starting a career, later a family, building a home, moving around the world. The red box the loco came in was in a big box with a lot of other stuff piled atop of it. I hadn´t touched the box for those 35 years, when SWMBO urged me to find something she was looking for.

Although there was a D&RGW narrow gauge line to Cimarron, I doubt that my plan is anywhere near the prototype. But the heck, it looks nice and has a certain "Western" flavor to it which I am aiming at capturing.

Space is at a premium for me, so there is not much more room I could possible dedicate to the layout - I could possibly expanded it a little to the right, but that depends on the outcome of my negotiations with SWMBO on a real estate deal.

Cheers,

Ulrich

Messages In This Thread