HO Car Tour Sign Up Thread
Mike Kieran Wrote:Port Able is a small coastal city on Connecticut's Long Island Sound shoreline. It's not a deep water port anymore and it interchanges with the Atlantic Lines Railroad.

The "Louis Arthur" :

A 126'-10" Coastal Freighter, 23' beam, 10'-5" draught, navigates those waters, as well as a small Collier, the "Ralph Henry",

built on the same hull. ( Lindberg's "North Atlantic Fishing Trawler" ).
Drawing only 10'-5", either one should be capable of making Port Able a regular "port-o-call".
With respect to New London, New Haven, or Bridgeport, where, approximately , would one expect to find Port Able ?
The Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor, runs from Montauk, N.Y. to Cindys Harbor, Me., mostly via the major Northeastern road's track. The "Harbor", runs Steam Era rolling stock, with Steam locos, and occasionally, there can be some modern rolling stock mixed in. We also own a pair of BL20-2, EMD rebuilds. ( It's part of the operating agreement ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread