MU hoses and ditch lights
I used to buy atlas parts for my models, but part of the problem i was having was that things like MU hoses didn't last very long, they were to "stiff", and snapped away easily. I don't know how they stick on my Atlas engines out of the box, but i had a lot of problems on my E60 electrics and others with them.

I really want to try out those "Hi-tech" details rubber ones for myself. they seem to have be able to better handle handling Icon_lol

tetters Wrote:I thought I remember reading an article a while back about a gent who used fiber optic wires to simulate ditch lights. I'll have to poke around the net and see if I can find it... 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

I would also like if you can find that. I plan on lighting my MU car fleet with fiber optics. I've had the whole thing drilled out and ready for years, i already have a bunch of fiber optics ready to go, more than i need in fact. I just can't figure out how to install it so that it works properly. I've seen some people just glue the fiber optics right to the LED, and i suppose i could do that, but then i'm not sure how to light an MV lense properly. I tried drilling into the back of one, but it didn't make a clean hole ("whited out" the plastic).
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread