SLC Mechanical Reefers
As usual, Gary, I look at your threads and get inspired. You are making me embarrassed that I haven't yet finished my small fleet of very small cabooses (cabeese?) :oops:

The lowering (actual and "perceived") works very well in giving the impression that the car is lower and longer than it really is! That looks great! I'm looking forward to see in a cut of those "Spud Buckets" being hauled to have the contents be "chipped" by one of your Santa Fe CF-7's over one of your gorgeous bridges! MMMMmmmm! That'll be tasty! Thumbsup Big Grin

And, hey, Bernhard ... when I read your suggestion about I using staples instead of round wire, a smile crept over my face! "This guy is thinking," I thought to myself. That's a great idea! Thanks! And a box of staples is a lot less of an expense than a packet of brass wire or music wire!

I like it!

Once I get this GP39-2 chassis and running gear painted properly, reassembled (with a pair of new gear towers from an OMI Drive Unit for an Athearn GP38-2,) lubricated and running-in on my new Bachrus Running Stands and I can do something else (while the new gears "get to know each other,") I'll have to get those little Crummies out and finish them up. :oops:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread