A question....................
Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

I must agree with the Loblolly Logger above when it comes to viewing habits.

Up until just recently (about the time of the discussions re: trouble with the "View Active Topics" button) I used to only look at the "View New Postings" listing ... and if I then wanted more modeling material to read, I would go down through the different major topic forums. It wasn't until I started using the "View Active Topics" button (I had not ever really noticed it before) that I became aware of the many fine, highly informative threads containing useable modeling information that applied to all scales that I had been missing for the entire last year (I've now been here a year - unbelieveable - it went by so quickly!) Because I model in HO scale, I have very little interest in other scales and therefore never looked at "N/Z Scale" or any of the others. I now realize what a mistake that was!

In using the "View Active Topics" button my eyes have been opened to areas I had not gone before ... to modelers and modeling techniques that translate to virtually all scales ... things that I would have missed in the past solely because the sub-forums in which they were offered were not on my daily radar! :oops:

I now understand the uproar over the confusion of "View Active Topics" re: what it listed ... it is a much more complete overview than "View New Posts." But to sub-divide the current forums even further would be to potentailly dilute the rich, thick tasty tonic that it Big Blue at The-Gauge into a watered-down daily drink lacking in the full flavorfulness that we have all come to expect ... it would fragment it into something less than what it needs to be ... the Best Forum of its kind on the Internet!

Oh, sure ... I admit to visiting other forums occasionally (Digitrax, Soundtraxx, Reading, Anthracite, Lansdale ... all Yahoo Groups) because I am in search of specific knowledge on a topic. But for general modeling and the best group of members ever ...

... Yessir! ... Dis mus' be da place!

Oh, and ... maybe I should have said Mexico "should" be considered part of Central America ... they have more in common with that area to the south!)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread