What's on your NG workbench?
Gents,

I thought I'd start a thread for what's on your NG workbench. To start off, I've uploaded a few photos of things I've been working on...

[Image: IMG_7737.jpg]
This coach is the pilot model for my first passenger car kit (an Oahu Railway coach). Being that it is a pilot, their are a few small wrinkles to work out. Additionally, a few of the parts were produced in molds which aren't up to production grade (in other words, they aren't as crisp as the production parts will require). The only commercial parts are some of the NBWs, the turnbuckles, the trucks, and a single seat in the car. If you look really close, you can see that the interior walls are detailed to match the woodwork on the prototype cars...right down to the moldings.

[Image: IMG_7739.jpg]
Here are most of the parts that I still need to attach.

[Image: IMG_7741.jpg]
My first freight car kit, a 23' Colorado Central flatcar with the incomplete optional gondola sides. All "wood" surfaces have a very nice grain. My goal is to make this kit cheap enough (and easy enough to produce) to attract both On30 and On3 markets ($20-$30ish). The prototype cars were built for the Colorado Central starting in 1872. At 23' long and 7' wide, they were amongst the smallest prototype flatcars. The Colorado Central interchanged extensively with the South Park after the Golden-Denver connection was dual gauged, and probably interchanged with the D&RG (afterall, the DSP&P did quite a bit of interchange with the D&RG).

[Image: IMG_7742.jpg]
Other than the NBWs (for which I've received permission to use), every part was scratch built.

Otherwise, I have an incomplete 1:20.3 scale model of a D&RG 2-4-0 which was my 2yr old's Christmas gift (it runs, he was excited, but much cosmetic work remains). This past week, I didn't get much work done as my wife delivered our second child...a daughter.

Michael
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread