What ya think?
MountainMan Wrote:Still your rules. If you want rail-served industry, you put it where you want it. That's what modeling is all about. You can always make up some sort of justification later on. Maybe it's a high volume plant in an area where a lot of semi traffic is unacceptable for some reason, or access by vehicle is restricted and unable to meet high flow needs, or maybe the plant was converted from something older that happened to have rail service already, and it's convenient and cost efficient to get rail cars of tires dropped off.

Your call.

That is true but,still I want to maintain believability in the selection of industries..

One of my favorites is a Pillsbury batch plant that receives flour and sugar in covered hoppers..The various cake mixes is shipped by truck.

I have used a casket distributor-they received caskets in 50' boxcars.Yes,there are casket distributors.Some of the larger ones could be rail served.

A tobacco and alcohol beverage distributor is another one I have used.

There are many types of rail served industries that is off the beaten path of the run of the mill industries that populates the majority of layouts and my goal is to have unusual rail served industries that is still fully believable..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread