Construction on the Trinity Sabine & Gulf
Gary S Wrote:The composition in the shed scene is very good. The junk piled around really adds to the effect and the weathering on the old car is top notch.

For my taste, the junk pile may need some dullcote, or a dark wash, or both. It seems just a bit bright and shiny to me. Maybe even a dark wash on the shed sides and roof too? You could do that in steps, do a thin wash and see what it does, and then add more as you see fit.

Thanks Gary S for the advice re the 'dark wash'. I shall bear all this in mind for when it's my turn to add a spot of scenery (faculties by that time allowing of course 357 ).
Meanwhile, Loblolly, how on earth did you achieve the weathered wood look? Has got to be some of the best I've seen and would dearly love to emulate it Thumbsup
The rust on the old Model T is also fantastic. If you've a minute or two, would you kindly impart ? Confusedhock:

Finally, the old wooden bridge is full of character and reminiscent of the light railway scene we 'used' to have over here in Blighty (Colonel Stephens' type of construction e.g. Kent & East Sussex Railway).

Keep up the great work,

Jonte

Messages In This Thread