Gluing Track To Foam
What do you folks recommend using to glue your track to foam? White glue or clear latex caulking? I'm probably beating a dead horse asking this question, but a search of the forums didn't turn up any thing specific. Some folks seem to recommend white glue and others caulking.

Reason I'm asking is that a few months ago, I threw together a loop of track on a piece of plywood to be used as both a break in track and for a loop around the Christmas tree. I used Elmer's glue and first glued down cork roadbed then glued the track to the cork. It never got used under the Christmas tree this year, but has just been laying flat on the basement floor. The other night, I was going to use this as testbed for putting down ballast but found that the track was coming loose from the cork.

Since I'm about to permanently put the track down on my ISL and most of it will be glued directly to foam without roadbed should I use the white glue or caulking? It will probably be a while before I put ballast on the track and I don't want to find the track coming loose before I get around to ballasting.

This is the first time I've ever constructed a layout using foam and gluing track down as I always used Homasote and spikes before. So this is new experience for me.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread