Industries -A Open Discussion.
Drew Wrote:I ubderstand how those bugs can bite! 357

When I switched back to HO after modeling in N scale for a while, I ended up with a lot of surplus stuff in both scales...
Well, one night, I was sitting at the workbench sipping a little of KY's Finest, looking at this old HO caboose, & an N scale diesel chassis...well, by the time the sun came up, I had built the better part of a little HOn30 boxcab...I had been bitten...I spent the next couple of years building a small logging layout & a bunch of locos & cars...
Now I'm back to modeling HO standard gauge. (that is IF I ever get back around to working on my layout!)

A narrow gauge line would be an interesting element to include ine scenario we discussed...maybe a NG to & from the mine, interchanging with a standard gauge line at the junction...???

The NG Florence and Cripple Creek did indeed interchange with standard gauge in Florence, CO. At one time Florence offered mining railroading, oil and coal mining, not to mention farm produce, livestock and passenger service as well, plus shipping in all of the timber required to build the railroads, mines and structures of the surrounding communities.

Messages In This Thread