CPR Engine House
That's not a bad idea Russ. I'll have to think about it, however it may give me the look I'm going for.

On with the show.

I started cutting and pasting the siding onto the long wall with the six windows in it. I had been thinking about how to best handle the task of building the windows into the model with the idea that I could pre assemble the frame and trim, paint it first, then insert them into the openings.

So, after cutting a number of pieces for the siding and gluing them in place, a very tedious and time consuming process, I decided I'd give my window idea a shot. I left the siding pieces deliberately long. I didn't want to get caught up in the process of lining up the end when once the glue had dried I could simply trim the excess from the window openings and edges...

[Image: SAM_0197-1.jpg]

First I started by building a card stock fram around the Grandt Line Roundhouse Windows I'd picked up some time ago. I used CA to glue the card stock to the plastic window.

[Image: SAM_0199.jpg]

I included a window sill at the bottom which I measured slightly larger then the three pieces for the frame. This way it protrude a little bit from the wall when all the trim etc... was applied. The 6" trim pieces were attached with more yellow glue.

[Image: SAM_0198-1.jpg]

A quick test fit, and I think to myself, "Not too shabby... only nine more left to do!" Nope

[Image: SAM_0200.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0201-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread