HO Tour Car Pictures
SD9 6922 usually pulls yard duty but today is making up its own train since it will be the power for a short local serving industries right around Kings Port. The BB&G car makes its first appearance!
[Image: IMG_2233.jpg]

My friend Dave took a shot of me taking a photo of the car as it crosses Ulster Ave.
[Image: IMG_2236.jpg]

The car carries Less than a Car Load so it is spotted at the Kings Port Cooperative Team Track
[Image: IMG_2238.jpg]

When I heard that the load was auto parts I was a little confused since there are no auto plants on the Kings Port Division. Then I remembered Professor Aldous Flowers! The good professor teaches popular Intro to Chemistry and Hydroponic Horticulture classes at the Community College. An ecologist, he organized the Earth Day Parade in town last year. As a sideline business he is trying to invent an automobile that runs on water. He's created his own small company in his garage called "Flower Power Motors" and he apparently purchases parts from Detroit that he cannot manufacture himself. Professor Flowers (waiting in his VW Bug while the car has been unloaded) is an eccentric...but he's our eccentric, and we wish him every success. Thumbsup
[Image: IMG_2239.jpg]

A few hours later the shadows are growing long and it won't be long before darkness falls. The BB&G car is expected to be picked up tomorrow for its return to Williams Yard. I'm told that after that the car will be included on a transfer run to the Car Float in West Mill, a Kings Port & Western operation that will ship the car to its next destination. The evening RDC commuter zips by as the sun sets.
[Image: IMG_2242.jpg]

More to come!
Ralph

Messages In This Thread