HO Tour Car Pictures
SEVERAL DAYS LATER...

The Penn Central apparently lost track of the car! It sat at the Kings Port Coop Team Track for the longest time. But it turns out that this worked well for the Catskill Mountain Rain Gear Company which makes rugged outdoor wear. They needed to send a LCL of their slickers and boots to a customer out in the wet wilds of Washington State. Once the railroad realized the car was still at the team track they made arrangements with Catskill Mountain to take advantage of the idle car. Finally loaded and ready to get on its way The BB&G car is added to a transfer run to West Mill.

Some of KP Steel's mills loom in the background while passengers waiting for the next commuter get a chance to see the notable boxcar as it leaves town.
[Image: IMG_2245.jpg]

The train fights the grade until it reaches Marion Curve...
[Image: IMG_2246.jpg]

I catch the boxcar at a rural crossing while another fan looks on. The farmer and his dog in the foreground seemed indifferent! Don't they know this doesn't happen every day!?!
[Image: IMG_2247.jpg]

Arrival at West Mill and crossing Railroad Ave in front of Ralph's Pretty good Grocery..
[Image: IMG_2249.jpg]

The BB&G car and others are dropped off at the Float Yard. That's Empire Grain in the background.
[Image: IMG_2250.jpg]

A Kings Port & Western switcher pushes the BB&G car onto the float.
[Image: IMG_2251.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2252.jpg]

It was great to have a chance to run the BB&G anniversary car on my layout. Now it travels west (and back in time, I believe)!

Safe rails!!!
Ralph

Messages In This Thread