CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Another tid bit I shared on the chat board last night.

I've been off this week with the kiddies, so I have been trying to get things done in earnest whilst keeping them amused at the same time.

I started modifications on the existing bench work and began installation of the last 7 1/2 foot leg of the L shape (not shown, its a bit of a mess at that end 790_smiley_picking_a_fight ).

[Image: DSC02911.jpg]

I decided to build the dock as a separate structure which is why the depression in the bench work goes so far up (8ft actually). I'm going to build the substructure out of 1/4 ply and then build the "deck" and pilings right on it. I'll recess the bottom about an inch and a half and make a wall of pilings and strapping with some individual pilings in front. (Just like Tim Warris did on his dock construction for the Port Kelsy RR). IMHO it would be a waste to model water in an area that is going to be mostly out of sight and shadowed.

I also got a bug in my ear and start assembling the Car Float and placed the hull of the tug next to it. Just to get an idea of the scale. I also made a road trip and picked up 2 4x8 sheets of 1/2" Homasote for my roadbed, which is more then enough for my needs. However, I decided to get extra as I did not know when I was going to be able to make another trip out to the West end of the city, and the dealer is only open Mon-Fri 9-5. :|

Lots of work to do in the coming days ahead. Thumbsup

Messages In This Thread