CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Do I smell? Only one vote (albeit a very valuable vote none the less...thanks KURT!) for the future site of the GERN Food Grade Flux Plant. (sigh)...

This has been a very demoralizing experience... I need some encouragement here fellas... Sad

Every day I chip away more of what is about a year and a half worth of effort. Sometimes wondering if this time I actually bit off more then I can chew. I've removed almost all of the 3000 plus spikes I inserted over countless painstaking evenings and weekends.

[Image: DSC02763.jpg]

Its doesn't look it but yeah, right there is almost all of the spikes I carefully inserted as I ventured forth on in this effort.

[Image: DSC02764.jpg]

Unfortunately, some of the the track work did not survive, despite my best efforts. Turns out my installation efforts were truly solid ones.

[Image: DSC02767.jpg]

Where once was rail...there is now nothing... Nope

The rail...that was once there.

[Image: DSC02770.jpg]

Even this little scene will not survive. However, I must thank whoever it was who mentioned what that little "tulip" icon was for on my camera. I could never figure out why I couldn't get nice tight close-ups on my camera until then. Thumbsup

[Image: DSC02769.jpg]

However...

[Image: DSC02765.jpg]

[Image: DSC02766.jpg]

...with every day signs of progress do show. I reorganized my "man-lab" and did a cardboard mock up of my future paint booth. It will be a few inches smaller and measure at about 13" high x 21 across x 20" deep". This way I can plunk in a 12" x 20" x 1" furnace filter and have "some" wiggle room. There will be a 3" plenum behind the filter. I have been researching for the proper type of blowers and decided to go with an in-line axial shaded pole blower using 4" ducting. The one I picked should give me the CFM I need to get proper ventilation. I've all but finalized plans on how I plan to build it and vent it to the outside. I've come up with an alternate route for the duct work which will not impact my house as I initially thought. My solution I think is much better. When it's done, I'll show everyone what I will do/did.

My space beneath the layout / work area is limited and I plan on making the most it.

The compressor behind the belt sander will end up on a shelf underneath the booth area. I picked up a filter for the compressor to get rid of moisture as I've read "the bible", so to speak, on several airbrush sites and they all mention the use and benefits of having one. In the the second picture forground you can see some Peco Cd 70 flex track I picked up for 50% off at my LHS. A deal I could not pass up! 3 ft sections, 16 pieces of it, at 48 ft of track. Should be more then enough for the industry sidings.

I think about how hard this has been, and then I think about "The Idea". The Idea that makes me think about the coming harbour scene with the rail car float, the massive wood dock with its hand laid rail leading to the gantry and float bridge. I see weathered wood and rails. I see water! I hear gulls and waves lapping at the dozens of piers. I see a rail tug anchored and holding fast while its crew checks the riggings and perhaps goes to shore for a quick coffee while the rail road dock crew does its job loading up the float.

...And for some weird reason, while thinking about all that water, I hear Gordon Lightfoot singing The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqAp3wek5o&NR=1

Meanwhile my Saws All has been grinning wickedly at me the last couple of nights. Begging me to use it in order to remove the original 3/8 fir decking on top of the frame work. Something I am not sure I want to do just yet...the frustration level has not yet reached that level.

Wish me luck! :?

Messages In This Thread