Freelance 2011
e-paw Wrote:That looks great... Cheers How far are the mock ups from the layout edge? If used in the back ground you would never know the difference. Gan you go into more detail on How you made the photocopy mock ups ? You really caught my attention.

The layout is about 2 feet deep at that point. Viewing distance may be 4 feet.
I did build very simple three side boxes from card stock, made several copies of the same building and cut and glued them on the card board. I used my HP inkjet printer/scanner for the copy job. The single copy is restricted to the paper size but the originals need to replicated anyhow because they are to small.
The upper corners got a strip of wood to straighten the walls and to support the card stock of the roof.

This photo shows the original I used to made the skin for the right building. It should be no problem to scan and edit the skin with photoshop etc. much more in detail and print the edited result. That could also prevent the stupid repetition of some details. There is much more that can be done than the simple photo copies I did in one evening to get the mock ups done.

[Image: Img_0596.jpg?t=1300609711]

The inkjet ink/paint is a problem. It is ruined by water and water based paint immediately. That makes it impossible to fix the corner with some water paint.

It will be a real challenge to paint and weather an e.g. DPM styrene building placed side by side with the mock ups.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread