Peco electrofrogs shorting ????
What I decided to do was it cut all of my jumpers out and solder up all the cuts that I did. the only thing that remains are the feeders soldered to the underside of the stock rails. This returns the switch back to it's original condition (unmodified). I disconnected the power supply from the rails and removed all locos from that block, that will ensure that I don't get any false readings.

Now I was able to see how these thing work. I found that both point rails right up to the wing rails are common to each other. The frog point is isolated from it.
So this means that my jumpers are causing the short. In this state the point and wing rails are unpowered.

I am wondering if cleaning off the paint from where the points meet the stock rail will be a good enough connection to power that section of dead track . That's one solution, another is to install a single pole double through switch wired to the point rails to set the polarity and power that section. The last idea that comes to mind is to find where the connection is that makes it all common and cut it clear and solder new jumpers. That connection is probably in the frog and would require the most work.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread