Suitability of Peco switches for 'HO' stock
MasonJar Wrote:Peco switches are among the best. Highly recommended by my modular club for use on the main and in yards.

I think the problem you are having is the compatibility between Code 75 and your wheels. Code 83 or the standard code 100 are forgiving of most wheels.

Your stalling issue sounds like the flange is lifting the tread off the top of the rail, breaking the electrical continuity.

If that's the case, code 83 or 100 might be a better bet, or you'll have to look to your wheels.

Proto:87 standards will not solve your problem per se, unless you apply it to both trackwork and wheels/trucks on rolling stock and locos. Applying it to just trackwork will likely make your current situation worse.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

Hi Andrew and thanks for replying to my query. I can see the sense in the coarser Codes 83 and 100 respectively. Only thing that strikes me is that the American market supplies Code 70 rail for HO so I wonder if there are problems there as well with RP25 wheels (I'm using Bachmann Premier at present).

With regards to P87, yes I'd have to change the wheel sets of ALL stock hence my use of the word 'expense' - no steam engines thankfully Nope but with a small switching layout I wouldn't require much in the way of stock. Incidentally, I've noticed that the Proto 87 shop sells 'Superfine' HO turnouts (some RTR for a premium) althought the kits appear pretty straightforward.

As I say, Andrew, I'll try anything to improve running.

Regards,

Jonte Smile

Messages In This Thread