Suitability of Peco switches for 'HO' stock
shortliner Wrote:Jonte - Contact Squires 01234 842424 - You need 1/6th" x .005" phosphor bronze strip 10 of 6" strips per pack code is S1220. Strips need cutting to length (You may need to adjust the depth with code 75 track, but they are fine with code 100) and forming around the guard rails on the turnouts between the guard rail and the running rail -Probably on the curving sides only, but you can do both. Squeeze then with fine nozed pliers so that they fit tightly and use CA to fix in position when you have them adjusted properly - They just force the wheels to move over a tadje furher, and should solve the problem - you could add a strip oh .005 plasticard in the bottom of the frog - NB plasticard will prevent shorting- It is particularly noticeable using Setrack turnouts and cures it instantly. NB Squires may have a minimum order charge
Best
Jack

Hi Jack.

That's really helpful. Beast 666 wrote that WFRM had experienced similar problems on Widnes and thet they had solved the problem using the very method you've described bujt with plasticard. I wrote and asked what grade of card he'd used but I'm still awaiting a reply as I believe he's away this week so your post is most helpful.
Thank you and best wishes,

Jonte Thumbsup

Messages In This Thread