SSWUP ISL - Build
SSWUPinSA Wrote:I have been thinking lately of track details.... things like track bumpers and rail ends, switch stands, signals and signs, electrical and control boxes etc that would be found on or next to the tracks in a modern era Industrial District... Please excuse the lack of knowing what the correct terms for each thing are....not based in the US does have it's drawbacks...lol

Maybe I can ask the guys who know to post photos of the correct prototype items and maybe a reference to where I can find them in HO for the layout... I want good detailed parts of a very high standard to complete the whole rail detail...

All help greatly appreciated

Callum
Callum;

Do a search on the Walther's web site for track bumpers, wheel stops, etc. Walther's has a set of plastic bumpers (12 per pack) in their Cornerstone series Part # 933-3511 that are plastic and appear to look pretty good. I have some of them, but haven't bothered to put one together yet to see how they look. Couple of other manufacturers also make very nice bumpers. I have some Tomar H-808 bumpers (all metal and require using insulated joints when attached to the track. Also use Tomar H-803 Hayes Wheel Stops and these are great looking.

Many industrial spurs will simply have wheel stops at the end of the track rather then bumpers and some may have nothing more than a couple of ties laid across the rails or a small pile of gravel at the end of the track. In some cases, there will be nothing at all with the track simply ending, buried in the dirt or if the track is in a roadway or concrete area, just end.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread