PRR A5 0-4-0
Next steps were the superdetailing of the shell:

[Image: dsc010183cho.jpg]
Mostly was mounting of the brass detailing parts contained in the kit. But by comparison with prototype photos there was still something missed.
So i scratchbuilt a valve gear lever out of styrene sheet by cutting, filing and milling. Further i added an ashpan simply made out of an styrene half tube. Not quite exact as the prototype, but it looks right compared to prototype photos. Some tiny plumbing on the smokebox also was done.
This thin plumbings were simply recycled electric copper wire of suitable diameter.

[Image: dsc01019kf2d.jpg]
I added a moveable bridge between loco and tender. Made out of an piece of brass. On the front edge i soldered a piece of 0.5mm brass wire which extends ca. 2mm. Then i made two hinges out of 0.5mm brass wire and mounted them on the rear cab wall.

[Image: dsc010166ha0.jpg]
On the front of the cylinder block i added an 1 x 1mm styrene stripe to simulate the flanges were the prototype cylinder blocks are bolted together.

[Image: dsc010207d8u.jpg]
Two other photos.

[Image: dsc010212hxl.jpg]
On this photo you can see clearly the milled area besides the smokebox. Initially there the running board was very massive.
So i milled the surplus material off and created a prototypical see through here. Two board mounting brackets were made out of brass stripe.

[Image: dsc01023vis2.jpg]
Further comparison with prototype photos. The footboards were to massive and looked not right.
So i decided to make new ones. Brass 4 x 2 x 0.5mm angled stripes and brass 1 x 0.5mm rectangular stripes soldered together and mounted.
That's looks much better.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread