Prayers and Well Wishes Needed!!!!!!
This is Jenna, BiL's Daughter. I felt the need to express my gratitude to all of you here at Big Blue. Thank you all for being such a positive part of my Father's life. Since I can remember he has always been quite the Model Railroad enthusiast. Joining this group gave him a link back to a hobby that he had lost for several years. Your influence on his life is more than you will ever know.

Pertaining to his current condition, I regret to inform you that little has changed. My Dad is in ICU at Lehigh Regional Medical Center in Lehigh Acres, FL. He is currently on life support and has been since Friday afternoon. An EEG showed little to no brain activity and that has not changed. As for recovery, the future looks grim. The three Arrests caused his brain to be without oxygen for a combined 40+ minutes. I have been advised by the doctors, that even if his body fights and his heart and brain are able to work together, he has very little chance of obtaining even a similar quality of life, to that which he had, even a week ago.

My Uncle (my Dad's brother) is driving down tomorrow and we are going to speak with the Pulmonologist and Neurologist together. I will update you following that meeting.

I wish you all were able to see his "workbench" as he called it, there are so many amazing little projects that are only partially completed.

Again, thank you all for your prayers and warm wishes. They do not go unappreciated.

Messages In This Thread