CSX Palmetto Spur
Mal;

Shame that you weren't happy with your trans-load structure based on the one in Deland, FL, but your silo's with the small utility shed look nice. Somewhere???? I've seen something like this out there in railroad land, but can't for the life of me remember where right now! Adding some simple piping along the track where the car is spotted and going up to the top of the silo's and then a simple pipe on the road side where the trucks would be loaded, would really add to the look. Makes for a very nice addition to your layout, not to mention another source of revenue on the spur.

As for slightly smaller covered hoppers suitable for plastic pellets, you can usually find the Athearn 4 bay centerflow covered hoppers in various paint schemes (example: http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default....D=ATH72300 ) with the round roof hatches and pneumatic discharge hoppers. They are around 55ft in length and I do still see cars of that size on trains around here.

Very happy to hear that the Palmetto Spur is not likely to be abandoned any time soon!

By the way, I've been converting all my cars over to the more scale size couplers and in the process, removing those trip pins. Never did care for or use the Kadee Shuffle!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread