My home layout
It is time to try and show what progress I am making at home on my layout. A bit about the layout...it is not modeled after any particular road, totally freelance. I was able to air-condition my garage..it gets hot in North Fort Myers, FL. So here goes with some pictures and descriptions. The layout board is 5 1/2' x 11' and I have it hung on chain from the ceiling.
[Image: train006.jpg]
In being able to tilt the board, I can work easily on the top or underneath (I use a secretarial task chair to roll about)
[Image: train007.jpg]
The layout will use DCC so the main buss wires went in.
[Image: train008.jpg]
When I started laying track, I knew one of the best decisions I made was to use the foam inclines. They were a snap to use. One thing that worked well, the inclines come in 2' lengths. By gluing the ends together, I used acrylic caulk, it was much easier to make the curves I needed working with an 8' long section than trying to butt each 2' section together as I moved forward.
[Image: train018.jpg]
This was my first trestle....sort of a different design....but it fit the limited area I had.
[Image: train020.jpg]
More progress. One thing especially nice about the foam inclines was the fact that a dual track fit perfectly on the width of the incline.
[Image: train021.jpg]
There is a gorge that will end up with three parallel trestles. Each one is curved and scratchbuilt. I used a JV Models trestle kit template for the bents.
[Image: train024.jpg]
The second of three trestles is installed.

Messages In This Thread