Where do i begin???
Finally settled in the new house(built in 2006,foreclosure)Now it's time to start thinking about what i want to to with the space i have avaliable in the basement.It's approximately 50' long by 36' wide.I'm still planning a "switching" layout,cause i really don't want to get into the cost of building a around the walls type layout,I'm still gonna be on a budjet,and will most likely consist of 1x4 lumber.
I am proposing a 5' wide by 45' long open grid type benchwork.I don't plan on having a backdrop,and most buildings for the most part will be full scale(auto parts suppliers,storage warehouses,stamping plants,bulk transfer facility,etc.I also plan on incorporating street running,and basically a industrial park type setting.

Plus i need to leave room for the 300+ 1/24th & 1/18th scale diecast Muscle cars and NHRA dragsters and funnycars(preferably the whole length of the wall(shelf units)...How-ever i have also considered a layout plan in Model Railroader magazine.Once i find the diagram of it i'll post it.

As you can see in the pics,the 5 100 watt bulb receptacles will be replaced with flouresent lighting 36" long and i will be adding a small 5 track 10' staging yard at the end.

Btw,I am 1 block away from the CSX Mainline and i can watch the trains go by from my back porch,or i can drive to the crossing and railfan all day long...how cool is that?

Attached Files Image(s)

Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread