The Los Angeles Terminal Railroad
cnw1961 Wrote:Thanks, guys. Wink

GEC, I don’t know the exact radius of those curves, but they must be in the range of 40", because they look like the curved turnout.

Here are two pics from the new street after I gave it the fist coat of paint yesterday. I placed some mock-ups along the street, but I still have to find the right structures.

This is my last post for this month, because we are heading for the south of France tomorrow morning 2285_ . No modeling, but some of the most beatiful country roads and mountain passes for cycling for me … not bad, either Goldth .

[Image: la29.jpg]

[Image: la30.jpg]

Looking at those mock ups Kurt, sort of reminded me of the most recent article on David Barrow's Cat Mountain and Santa Fe, domino style layout whereby he had simplified the buildings down to mock ups with only details relating to unloading doors or platforms. It may just have been that he was at a similar stage as you are at present, but could also be said that he is only modelling things that are only relevant to rail operations. Tony Koester discussed modelling the right of way in as little space as 9 inches, but I am wondering if David has reduced his modelling width to 1 inch either side of the right of way with mock ups to fill out the rest of the width of his dominos. Then again David's Cat Mountain layout is filling a much larger area, so the technique maybe his way of representing relevant details until he can return to fully detail the area.

I must add though that your recent trackwork has some very sexy reverse curves to it. Watching a train snake its way through the urban jungle is going to be an eye opener.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread