GERN Industries - New Flux deposit found!
SP1 Wrote:When I moved some time ago and started the actual layout I changed my strategy. I am building the time consuming things first and when I have them almost complete I start building the benchwork. Installing the rails and shaping the scenery is a matter of a few days. With the structures, bridges, trees, vehicles on hand I can work continuously on the layout (-section) 'til it is completed. No long periods anymore that allow me re-thinking the project or losing the interest in it over time. You get my idea?

Only two possible "glitches" ----
1. you find that you've built "one too many" "things".
2. you find that you've built "one too few" "things". Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

With the "New Modules", I had most of the buildings built. What took time, was deciding where each one of them would go, to fit in with the overall " lay of the land".
Being modules, most of the track locations were " predetermined ", so it was a matter of working around that.
In the end, it is what works for you, that's because what works for me is, by nature, different, as it is for almost every one of us.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread