THE MIKE - IT'S FINISHED...!!!!
Russ wrote...
"I suspect that the post under the smoke stack needs to be shortened slightly and drilled and retapped if necessary. I suspect that kits built in the "good old days" were not always as precise as what we are used to today!"

That reminds me of the very first comment I made on the initial post of the thread describing the build... Goldth

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3713">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3713</a><!-- l -->

If you scroll down to the fifth picture you can see how the cylinders/saddle units sit on the frame. This assembly is ok. The problem is not with the boiler seating "up", as it sits parallel to the ground (I measured the distance from the running boards to the "ground"), and they are OK. You can also see in the first picture the place where the c'catcher sits...It's the "step" down at the very front of the frame. I could mill that down some, but that would increase the gap between the running boards and the ladders....Guess I'll have to choose my poison, and like it.... Nope
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread