O Gauge Engines In Need Of Repair
Tyson Rayles Wrote:I just called work (Lionel Museum) to have them look that up. It's a C &O 4-4-2 made in 1971-72 with a value (in excellent condition) of $55 so I would be careful about putting any real $$$$ into it. The 70's is looked down on by a lot of Lionel collecters as that was when General Mills had bought the company and was turning out a lot of low grade merchandise. Lionel got control back in the 80's and while that stuff is newer the 80's and up are as a general rule more desirable then the 70's.
Thanks for the info!

I don't want to put a lot into the Lionel but it would be nice to see it running. It's not a bad looking engine except for all the grime and pet hair. It would be a good one to clean up and paint for a christmas tree model I think. I'd live without the trucks as it can run without them and a small O gauge loop shouldn't give it any problems. If the engine were cleaned/fixed and running, I could do the cleaning and paint on the body myself.

As for your other post, there really aren't any hobby shops around here short of driving to Kansas City which is about an hour away. I may have to resort to that if I really want to get the Marx cleaned up and the smoker repaired. (If it's possible.) I hold that Marx near and dear to me for some reason. It was just an eBay find but I really enjoyed running it.... Except for the leaky smoker.
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!

Messages In This Thread