A Look At Slate Creek.
Justin,Talk about a coincidence..Your plan is very close to the original Slate Creek plan that I dropped in favor of the more "modern" designs put forth by Lance Mindheim.

Oddly I still like that plan as I do your plan.
-----------------------------------

Paul,My space is limited to a 1x6' or if I push it to the max maybe 7 or 8' if I had sufficient room Slate Creek would be HO-even after I move my layout space will still be limited because it will share the spare bedroom with my student desk workbench,several storage totes filled with HO and the computer.

As far as changing eras that's a back burner thought like the car ferry but,that means I would need to give up my IPD shortline boxcars-a hard thing for me to do and my modern NS/CSX collection of cars and locomotives.

As far as the design I am now open to ideas since the one I spent months designing,tweaking,redesigning,researching,refining didn't fit my space-IMHO I was way to ambitious for my space.

However,Slate Creek will be generic enough to cover the late 70s and modern day just by switching out freight cars and vehicles..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread