A Look At Slate Creek.
Larry;

Here's what I'd do with an N Scale version of the Palmetto Spur in your space:     The simple looking track plan is very deceptive and provides quite a bit of prototype operation in a small space. Just a matter of selecting Industries (A - B) that would have car spots for specific commodities. Plenty of ideas can found on The-Gauge.

I also added a third industry on the long lead to the team track area, which could be any number of things - a fenced in tank car unloading facility comes to mind. The team track of course could handle several different commodities for your off-line customers. There is actually enough room between the Industry B and team track turnouts to add a fourth separate track for Industry C if you wanted. And of course we have at least one street crossing to block while switching.

Also put in several non-rail served structures to give it that concrete canyon look and the highway overpass you mentioned. Having tried out an extended version of the Palmetto Spur myself, I can tell you that there is more to it then meets the eye.

Would be nice if you could add a removable staging track on the left side of the plan, if you can find the room and that would allow you to lengthen the tracks for industries A and B a little.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread