A Look At Slate Creek.
Larry;

If you're seriously considering going with N scale, I think that I'd consider one of these track plans that Mike drew up - but stretched/spaced out for N scale. In the space you have available either plan would be really nice.
[Image: 6302685041_9b9e25dd0a_b.jpg][Image: 6305622847_677f4094bd_b.jpg]In either case, the track with the ready mix plant shown on it would be a team/trans-load track (lengthened on the second plan). Both plans have a fairly long switching lead for N scale, especially the first plan; which is my favorite.

Past week or so, I've been considering redoing my plan to one based on the Palmetto Spur plan, but lengthened and of course with longer industry tracks. Would probably have four tracks on it rather than just three, but I think the plan would look less crowded and it does provide plenty of operation. Even looking at a longer variation of the first plan above, drawn up by Mike. Love the way the lead comes in front of that structure and then swings toward the rear of the bench work.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread