Progress Shots
Here's a better view of the lumberyard in the background of the photo above:

I did this from a 1980s MR article where the late Art Curren kitbashed it from two Atlas lumberyards and an AHM Delta House. By the time I got to the project, the AHM Delta House was long out of production (and not really up to current standards), but I found a Walthers hardware store was maybe a better candidate anyhow. As you can see, I need to level up the spur and finish scenery and ballast -- and maybe stabilize the lumberyard a little better on its base.

Here's a shot of the drawbridge, deliberately underexposed to show the navigation lights I added to it with LEDs:

I'm not sure if I posted this before or not, the scene that's just getting started at the other end of the drawbridge:

This is a FOS Scale big-box Department of Docks kit from maybe half a dozen years ago. As you can see, I'm working toward a waterfront type scene here, but more of a mid-Atlantic sort of thing -- I grew up in New Jersey and Maryland and worked summers in coastal North Carolina, and I'm aiming for something more like those areas than New England/Maine/lobster pots and so forth.

Hmm -- if I'm posting all these photos, I guess like Ralph, I'm trying to motivate myself to make some progress here.

Messages In This Thread