Progress Shots
Here's the new Walthers PRR interlocking tower. I still have a few parts to add and some touchup to do. (The chimney is also on crooked, and I need to bring the scenery up all around the base.) I went looking for prototype photos to get the paint, as the kit instructions don't give any info, and for most of their lives, the PRR structure color scheme was much more complicated than the colors the kit is molded in. Beyond that, by the 1950s and 60s, it doesn't look like any two PRR structures were painted according to any single standard (I lose patience with the PRRT&HS over this kind of stuff). I did find some photos of BELL tower in Bellwood, PA on the web and followed them in my painting:    
The station on the right is West Egg, so this tower will be EGG, based on the PRR practice of short, pithy tower names.

I've never, ever been able to focus on a single era, region, or railroad in my modeling, so my approach is different from guys like Reinhard, whose work I greatly admire. However, this part of the layout is aimed at PRR/PC/RDG/DL&W/EL/CNJ or early Conrail.

Messages In This Thread