Selective Compression
I think the the selective compression depemds on what you are try to build ? If you are into modern stuff & using a class 1 RR it's hard ! , But if you are into short lines lke the ( Burlington junction RR, Tyburn RR or the Lapeer RR ) They use old a center cab switchers ( 44 , 45 or 70 ton) or old sw 1200 etc. & the do a lot of transloading ( flour , sugar, plastics, wallboard, paper, all kinds of tank cars , scrap , lumber etc.) on a small siding or small yard or a section of track to park 1 car & unload into a vacum bulk tank truck. That is what I'm building 4" x 1' with a cassette to pickup 8 cars The back story is 3 buildings againts the back drop 1st co. is a cardboard recycler 1 high cube boxcar 2nd is a pipe joint compund Co. 1 tank car , the 3rd co. the RR owns the wharehouse & leasse' s the bulding to 2 Co.'s International foods 1 door & Beer dist. at the 2nd door the rest are transload spots 1 tank car for corn suyrup , 1 plastics hopper , 1 covered hopper of pumince & a scrap gondola they load from truck to RR car. I'm using a 44 ton & a 45 ton switcher, it takes a good hour to swith the cars out ,this is HO. There is only 1 thing wrong right now , no bulk tanker trailer I hope somene will make one someday!!

Messages In This Thread