Freelance 2012
Reinhard, I've been away for the past month except to be home on weekends. I just noticed your question about a small industry near Vernon that is rail served. BNSF has a team track with a small cross dock facility where loads can be transferred directly from freight car to truck by fork lift. I don't know if they unload hoppers or tanks there. It is along Washington Blvd just to the South of the Street, and just East of Alameda Street in South Central L.A.

There also used to be a spur across the street from Berth 131 on Terminal Island in the L.A. Harbor with a tank unloading facility. The tank cars were loaded/unloaded to a manifold system, but the storage tanks were a ways away from the unloading/loading facility so that all that would need to be modeled on the layout would be the piping and valves between the tracks. The pipes to/from the storage tanks were underground. I think there was a small office building there, but it has been over 20 years since I worked in that area, so the memory is a bit "foggy."

Messages In This Thread