Freelance 2012
jwb Wrote:Note that the J yard office has a porta-potty adjoining (BLMA), although many yard offices in fact do have indoor plumbing (or maybe just indoor plumbing that actually works). Another interesting challenge is what kind of vehicles to park outside.
UP pickups are ubiquitous:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]UP and other railroads use Renzenberger to pick up and deliver crews -- I think this is a Chevy van, I don't know if anyone makes a model:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]Seems like this would be a drop-dead detail if anyone could come up with something close. However, the railroads use their own vans[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]And also unmarked white SUVs[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]Which are also used by security. Another issue is figures for workers, passers-by, and railfans.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]Rail workers these days all seem to wear reflective green or orange vests, and the supervisors wear white hard hats. Bachmann has had a set of modern rail workers 160-33106 out for a year or so, and Walthers has a set 949-6013 coming in September, though I'm not sure if I like either the colors or the poses.

We have been at the next LHS (about 100 miles north west) yesterday. Two Trident models attracted my attention. They were decorated for Sherif and Military Police but the decals/paint were removed quickly and the plan ones are useful decoration at the yard office and my get some more details, decals and paint.
[Image: 692f63da.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread