A New Year... A New Project
Updating a bit...
I've made a couple of changes in the basic layout, mainly to simplify construction of the bench work a bit. The single 24" section on the right side of the layout is going to be reduced to 18" wide. I'm also going to use HCD's for the two 12" sections. I bought two assembled bi-fold closet door sets - one 24" and one 36" wide. If you disassembled them by removing the hinges, you get 2 - 12" and 2 - 18" HCD's. Perfect for what I was wanting to do. Secondly, I won't have to fool with the box-grid framework I was planning on using - HCD's all the way around. I've also settled on a name - Texas Southeast Belt. Its still going to be a switching layout, based on Lance Mindheim's guidelines, but I'm going to back date it a bit to the post-World War II era, with an East Texas timber-industry related theme. As for a track plan, I'm still considering a lot of options. I've done several "cut-and-paste" composites of LM's several switching plans plus going through a bunch of track plans I've downloaded from the web. The idea is to keep it simple while keeping it interesting. Since I have actually started building the new layout, I'm going to start a layout construction thread.

Thanks for looking & commenting!
Len Turner
Texas South East RR
http://tserr.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread