Railroad Museum of PA
Looks like they shuffled things around. Do I see the corner of a Reading Company EPA (Heavy Electric MU) peeking out behind #7002? It used to be in the "dark" end of the museum, neat to see it up close to the other electrics. Maybe one day they'll bring the DD1 inside as well. So very few electrics get saved (other than GG1s it seems). the RR Museum of PA homes the last of many of these types on the Pennsy. The only B1, the only DD1, the only E60MA, the last E44.

I would think that a musuem in PA, and on that is not 10 minutes from the electrified line to Harrisburg, might include some more juice jacks in the mix. (To be fair, it already houses more than most).

I actually heard the RR Museum of PA was looking to get rid of his Pioneer III/Silverliner I cars outside. Can anyone confirm this?

I was talking with an engineer about if any of the Silverliners II/III currently in service might be preserved there, and told me not only did they not want any, but were not happey with the 1958 Silverliners they owned either. Its a shame when you think about it, those cars have been around for the last 40-50 years and have earned their place as much as any other type, but I suppose since they aren't "vintage", they'll get passed over.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread