Sketches of ISLs That I'm Playing With
I'll have 2 48x10 inch pieces of wood that are left over from the 4x8 sheet that was used for my 76x38 inch Port Able layout. I attached them end to end and came up with these sketches using Atlas HO code 83 track for a possible separate freelance ISL (Maybe another of the Port Able's sister operations - a contract switching operation perhaps?), but feel free to use my track plan. There can be a hinge in the middle so that the layout will fold in half for storage and transportation purposes.

Sketch 1
[Image: 6886531809_f887fcb300_b.jpg]

Sketch 2
[Image: 6886531939_70a1576582_b.jpg]

I didn't have room for text in the track plan for sketch 2, so I'm leaving a description below to describe how I envision the layout.

The Top Track (24 inches long) is a food processor (tank cars, reefers, covered hoppers, box cars).

The track that is second from the top (63 inches long) is a storage track and a manufacturing company (box cars, tank cars, flat cars, gondolas, coil cars).

The track that is third from the top (51.25 inches long) is the interchange track.

The bottom track (45 inches long)is a storage track and building supply or a public works storage yard (cement hoppers, hoppers, flat cars, all door box cars, box cars, gondolas).

I figure that the engine could be stored on the storage track before the manufacturing company and up to 4 cars could be interchanged.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread