Bar Extension
While I haven't yet named my n-scale railroad, I'll call it the "Bar Extension" for now as the layout is located where an old bar used to be in my rec room. This thread will be added to as I make progress.

I did a bit of work on the weekend:

1. Finished adding all rails using Pliobond to my car float/ferry/barge. Tonight I hope to shoot it with a coat of black and then weather it with chalks:

2. Built two structures from the Walthers Superior Paper Mill (which I bought with four other structure kits for $20!). The foreground building will be a warehouse with no back wall so I can have a detailed interior; the backdrop flat is just that.

3. I oiled the Union Pacific loco in this photo (sorry, not sure what type it is - maybe someone who is a good diesel spotter can tell me?) and it now runs more smoothly and quieter. 2285_

4. Another kit I got for my $20. I've glued together the tanks and am deciding if I should paint them and what colour (I first need to fill in the seams and sand). I'm also not so sure about the block/brick wall that is supposed to go around the tanks - it looks too European. I'll have to do some research to see what modern oil tank installations use to protect against spills.

5. And a final photo - I tried weathering the steps of the warehouse mentioned in 2. with some acrylic. I think I'll have to hit it with some chalk as well to make it blend in a bit better.

More to come including an overview of the entire layout. Smile
Marc

Bar Extension - 5' x 2.5' N-scale layout plus two decks of shelf layout

Messages In This Thread