HOn3 modelers?
Iron Goat Wrote:Are there any HOn3 modelers on board? I have been selling off my HO locomotives & rolling stock, and buying HOn3 gear in prepararion of my new layout.

Bob

Bob

I'm one of them - I do both standard and 3ft gauge. Right now, I'm constructing my test tracks for both gauges on a 4x6 layout. I'm also working on a pair of HOn3 Free-mo modules. When the test track portion has run its course, I'll be building an around 3 sides of the room shelf that will be mostly HOn3.

Theme is a free-lance Coastal Oregon logging line come common carrier. I'm modeling the line as I believe it would have looked in 1900. Planned scenes include a dog harbor for shipment of the lumber to California, the sawmill, a log landing in the forest, and the interchange with the standard gauge.

HOn3 locomotives at present (with plans):

2 Keystone Shays (1 mechanism on order from David Hoffman, 1 to build)
FED 2-6-0 with remotor kit
Kidder outside frame 0-4-0T (to be base for 2-4-2T logger some day?)
MDC 2-8-0 inside frame kit (unbuilt, will probably be parts source for something else, too big for era and layout)
actively saving pennies for an FED 4-4-0 for passenger service
may end up with semi-scratch Class A Climax some day

Rolling stock is mainly kits with a few Blackstone unlettered flats, and Micro-Trains reefers and log cars. Passenger is a Labelle combine kit, a coach may follow when I get the 4-4-0.

Stuff that is too modern for my era gets used as stand-ins until more kits are built.

Fred W
....modeling foggy coastal Oregon, where it's always 1900....

Messages In This Thread