My plastic freight car challenge
Because I did not start my challenge in January I will write here about my plastic freight car challenge.
Inspired by Doc Wayne's or Matt's and others freight car projects I would like to post a few pictures of my plastic freight car projects here. Plastic - an exception because I prefer to work using wood how you know.

My start in this year was to build a few Westerfield cars, first a GN reefer realizing a few modifications and adding a well detailed brake and a few scratchbuilt parts.

[Image: gn-reefer_03k.jpg]
Painting will be done by the new owner of this model so I do not know if I can show you a picture of painted model.

My second project is to build three "Saure-Gurken-Wagen" or in English pickle cars; they all are waiting for completing the brake because all my no. 82 drill bits are broken. New bits will be needed however they are "sauteuer" or **** expensive.

[Image: heinzpicklecar_06k.jpg]

And last I started to build two Accurail kits for my 1930 train and there I was sure that they are ready in two days. However this will not work in reality when I will add a complete brake system and a few additional hardware which I'm missing at models.
So here only a shot on underbodies with a complete mounted tube system for AB-brakes - first time that I added an AB-brake. All my 1900 cars which I built before did got K-brakes.

[Image: ab-brake_07k.jpg]

Brake gear is under construction and few more pictures will follow.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread