Layout (room) tour, with lots of photos...
TrainNut Wrote:In the picture of the tunnel at Elfrida, what did you use for trees above the tunnel?

Tom, those "trees" are actually a hunk of 2" thick upholstery foam, which I brush-painted dark green. I then added a few short twigs near the top of the visible edge and some poly-fibre and ground foam. This area will be mostly hidden by the facia for the second level of the layout, but I'll have to wait until that's in place before I can tell if it'll need more detail work.

Ed, the narrowest spot in the aisles is right at the end of the peninsula, at 24". The smooth facia leaves no catch points for clothing, but all railroad employees do need to meet certain physical requirements. Misngth Generally, I'm the sole operator, and I could pass my own clone at that spot, so no concerns there. I did see aisle widths as a concern when I was thinking about putting my layout on a local layout tour, though. Luckily Icon_lol , my wife vetoed the idea outright. Misngth That latter statement is one of the reasons that I suggest that anyone buying any of my trains in the Swap Meet Forum should, if at all possible, pick up their purchase in person - at least it will get you an "in person" layout tour. Wink Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread