Shipping to others
So...Is this a "virtuial" car exchange?
That would solve the scale/era issue.

Another twist could be interchanging on others layouts to get the car to its destination. A member modeling a location say Maine, can interchange with someone that model Massachusetts, which in turns can interchange with me in Connecticut and so on an so on till it reaches its final destination. Even members in the same state, modeling different areas. A good example would be my Central New England, interchanging with pomperaugrr"s Housatonic RR(Which really did happen before the New Haven take over...the CNE/Housatonic diamond still exists at Canaan Station) Forwarding a car "Virtually" would be cheaper than actually mailing a car to someone elses railroad.

A lsit of modeled locations with the routes could be added to the list of shippers/receivers on the same list.
Ex.
My Southwick and Winsted intercahges with CSX in West Springfield Mass. Serves local customers between West Springfield and Winsted
Interchanges with my Central New England in Winsted Ct. Central New England intercahges with New England Central(a real railroad) in Statford, Ct, CSOR in Hartford, Ct, Housatonic RR in Canaan, Ct, and CSX in Campbell Hall, Pa.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

Messages In This Thread