Extra 727 East...
What a great series of photos I really like the series starting from Roundhouse and all the work along the way. The quality of photos is really also very stellar with lots of good angles that look like real track side photos.

I do have one operational suggestion, possibly. In the rules I have come across regarding Scale Test Cars they are to operated next ahead of the caboose or at least within the last 5 cars of the train. They are also not allowed to be the last car in the train. The reason the rule is written this way is that most Scale Test Cars have no airbrakes. They have a brake pipe, but if the car came loose from the end of the train it may roll a long way before stopping. If the car is ahead of the caboose then the air brakes of the caboose to hold it in the event of a separation of the train. There are some modern scale test cars with airbrakes and they are able to be handled anywhere in the train, but all the small ones I have seen do not have brakes.

Either way, it is always good to have something else for the crew to have to deal with when making up their train!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread