Gone Fishing.
Something I'll like to share.

As many of you know I have limited use of my right and that cause me to give up one of my favorite sports-fishing 5 years ago- due to the aggravation of not being able to tie knots or bait my hook and having to abandon ship when my friends boat caught fire on Lake Erie-that was the first time I put on a life vest.Thankfully the nearby boats came to our aid.

Fast forward to 2012..

After gaining more use of my right hand and with much practice I can tie simple granny blood knot-in fishing terms that's a step above a granny knot.I kept my casting skills by practicing and fine tuning the left hand back cast and flip.I decided to give it a try and put new line on two of my favorite reels a Daiwa Shock 2500B and a aging Daiwa J1350L,restocked my tackle box and bought license-with some reserve.

So....

Yesterday I went fishing and caught a 16" rainbow trout.The biggest trout I ever caught! I never knew that the Crossroads Industrial Park Pond(about 2 1/2 acres in size) was one of Ohio's stocked trout waters.I can also railfan while fishing.. I also caught several 6-10" trout and 15 or 20 rock brass(I call 'em a souped up bluegill).It was nice.I'm going to start carrying my camera..I wish I had it yesterday.

Once again old blue(the J1350L) caught fish.I didn't use the 2500B.

I'm fully convince one of the things (besides God's good grace) that help me get more use out of my hand is N Scale modeling and the other is not giving up the hobby because my modeling suffered under the off hand modeling and the limited use of my right hand...
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread